Monday, March 9, 2020

'Secular India at its best' - by K J S Chatrath


There are times when one feels really embarrassed. I had one such moment yesterday. I happened to watch a performance by the venerable T.M. Krishna with Thetakudi Harihara Vinayakram (born 11 August 1942), also known as Vikku Vinayakram on the 'ghatam'. I was just blown over. I felt sad that I knew very little about Carnatic music and specifically about 'ghatam' and the remarkable Vikku Vinayakram, though I have had the privilege of watching the amazing T.M.Krishna live a few months back.

The beauty of it is that this performance was invoking 'Allah' took place in a Church and was performed by an all Hindu Group!

This is secular India at its best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FauxpOMibu4
Do take a look, please:


No comments:

Post a Comment

'Bateswar Group of over 200 temples in Morena -A lesser known gem of India' - by K J S Chatrath

Late last year, I visited the Bateswar Group of over 200 temples in Morena district in Madhya Pradesh, India. These belong to the 8th - 10t...