Monday, March 9, 2020

'Secular India at its best' - by K J S Chatrath


There are times when one feels really embarrassed. I had one such moment yesterday. I happened to watch a performance by the venerable T.M. Krishna with Thetakudi Harihara Vinayakram (born 11 August 1942), also known as Vikku Vinayakram on the 'ghatam'. I was just blown over. I felt sad that I knew very little about Carnatic music and specifically about 'ghatam' and the remarkable Vikku Vinayakram, though I have had the privilege of watching the amazing T.M.Krishna live a few months back.

The beauty of it is that this performance was invoking 'Allah' took place in a Church and was performed by an all Hindu Group!

This is secular India at its best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FauxpOMibu4
Do take a look, please:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Broken temples at Mahanal (Menal), Rajasthan, pleading for care.....by Dr K.J.S.Chatrath

  Indicative map of India showing approximate location of Mahanal (Menal) Indicative map of Rajasthan showing approximate location of Mahana...