Sunday, February 24, 2019

'Suspected vandalism in Hampi temples' - by K J S Chatrath



About three weeks back I spent three days in Hampi in Karnataka, India, on a personal trip and visited a number of monuments there. 

During the course of my visits to some of these monuments, I noticed that some carvings seemed to have been disfigured partially by the vandals. I have no expertise in the matter but to me as a layman, some of the disfiguring seems to be of recent origin. I am attaching herewith some of the photos that I took of such carvings on 24th and 25th January, 2019. 

May be these are old disfigurements and I am totally wrong. I sent an email with those photos to DG Archeological Survey of India on 7.2.2019 and am awaiting an acknowledgement.  I think it is my duty to bring this apprehension to the notice of my readers and lovers of India’s heritage.  






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Broken temples at Mahanal (Menal), Rajasthan, pleading for care.....by Dr K.J.S.Chatrath

  Indicative map of India showing approximate location of Mahanal (Menal) Indicative map of Rajasthan showing approximate location of Mahana...