Friday, December 23, 2016

'A 19th century painting on display in Bhopal Museum depicting the darbar of Jiwajirao Scindia, Part-I' - by K.J.S.Chatrath


An impressive old painting from the 19th century showing the Darbar of Jiwaji Rao Scindia, which I saw in the Bhopal Museum, India, last week. I took 20 separate photos focussing on various parts of this painting.

Sadly, I could not find out anything about the talented painter who created this work.










The challenge is to concentrate on each photo and try to decipher what all it tells us of that epoch in history. See the variety of dresses, moustaches, sideburns, beards, headgears, male jewelry etc.The painting shows only males and no ladies.

(Continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Broken temples at Mahanal (Menal), Rajasthan, pleading for care.....by Dr K.J.S.Chatrath

  Indicative map of India showing approximate location of Mahanal (Menal) Indicative map of Rajasthan showing approximate location of Mahana...